Did you just Google ‘SAFe® Certification Cost’ only to realize there is a ton of information that is unnecessarily exhaustive?
Don’t worry, we realize your time is precious and for that reason, we are going to provide you with only the relevant information.
Scaled Agile Framework or SAFe® is a set of organization and workflow patterns intended to guide organizations in scaling lean and agile practices.
SAFe® endorses alignment, collaboration, and delivery across large numbers of agile teams. It is ideated based on three bodies of knowledge-
- Agile software development
- Lean Product Development
- Systems Thinking
What is SAFe® Certification?SAFe® certification is a worldwide recognized certification awarded by Scaled Agile framework which is the accreditation body for SAFe®.
The first certification in the SAFe® series is the SAFe® Agilist certification. It includes attending a 2-day training class called “Leading SAFe®” that will cover the theory and practical applications of SAFe®. It helps attendees learn to lead transformations within the enterprise using SAFe® and its inherent principles such as Lean Thinking and Product Development.
Benefits of SAFe® CertificationWhile SAFe® certification has become popular, what are the benefits it offers to certificates? Here are the benefits of SAFe® certification-
1. Career Advancement and growthThe skill gap is a major issue in the software industry. The SAFe® certification training will help you gain actionable skills in the SAFe® framework that demonstrate knowledge to hiring managers.
SAFe® certifications are of various types-
- SAFe® Agilist 5.1
- SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) 5.1
- SAFe® Practitioner 5.1
- SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) 5.1
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) 5.1
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) 5.1
- SAFe® Agile Product Manager (APM) 5.1
- SAFe® Program Consultant (SPM) 5.1
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP) 5.1
- SAFe® Architect (ARCH) 5.1
2. Increase in salarySAFe® certified professionals stand out in comparison to their non-certified peers when it comes to bagging jobs. This also guarantees a salary hike of 25% when compared to non-certified SAFe® professionals.
You might be interested in reading: Top 15 Scaled Agile Interview Questions and Answers in 2023
3. Helps in managing the changing organizational waysOrganizations adapt to changing circumstances. They adapt to clients' demands. With the SAFe® certification, you will learn to apply the Lean Startup Cycle and Lean User Experience (UX).
4. Nonstop deliveryWith the Leading SAFe® Certification, you will learn to implement and integrate DevOps so that continuous delivery is delivered to the client within the large setup. The Leading SAFe® Certification training teaches individuals to work with the DevOps team to manage the piling amount of work by achieving continuous delivery so that regular releases become possible.
5. Employment OpportunitiesThe Agile adoption rate went from 37% in 2020 to 86% in 2021. Sounds too good to be true? The 15th State of Agile Report says otherwise.
With more organizations adopting agile, the job opportunities generated are massive. SAFe® is emerging as the most sought-after Agile framework as 37% of the organizations have responded to using SAFe®.
You might be interested in reading: The 10 Greatest Benefits of SAFe® Certification in 2023
SAFe® Certification Cost
|Course [Course fee is different for different classes and depends on the training providers]||Certification||Exam Retake Fee||Renewal Fee|
|Leading SAFe®||SAFe® Agilist||$50||$195|
|SAFe® DevOps||SAFe® DevOps Practitioner||$50||$195|
|SAFe® for Teams||SAFe® Practitioner||$50||$195|
|SAFe® Scrum Master||SAFe® Scrum Master||$50||$195|
|SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager||SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager||$50||$195|
|SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master||SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master||$50||$295|
|SAFe® Release Train Engineer||SAFe® Release Train Engineer||$50||$295|
|SAFe® for Government||SAFe® Government Practitioner||$50||$195|
|SAFe® Agile Software Engineer||SAFe® Agile Software Engineer||$50||$295|
|Implementing SAFe®||SAFe® Program Consultant||$250||$995|
|SAFe® for Architects||SAFe® Architect||$50||$295|
|Lean Portfolio Management||Lean Portfolio Manager||$50||$295|
|Agile Product and Solution Management||Agile Product and Solution Manager||$50||$295|
Examination Retake Process for SAFe® CertificationAttendees can take the SAFe® certification and get certified. If you don’t clear it on the first attempt or fail to attempt the exam within 30 days of completion of the course, you can retake it. Attendees who are taking the exam within the first 30 days of finishing the course need not pay any fees. However, to retake the exam, you need to pay additional fees. You can refer to the above table under the heading ‘SAFe® Certification Cost.’
Renewal Process for SAFe® CertificationWhen you are within 120 days of your membership expiration date you will have the option to renew your membership. When you log into your Community Platform you will see a blue "Renew Now" button on your homepage. Clicking the button will take you to a Membership Renewal page where you can renew your selected membership.
Also, on your homepage, you will see a link to your "My Certs" page which lives in the profile section of the SAFe® Community Platform. This is where all of your certifications will be listed. All certifications will be co-termed to your membership expiration date. The membership expiration date can be set by a number of factors:
- The day you purchased an Individual Membership
- The last course you attended
- The last renewal you completed
- The date you attended Implementing SAFe® (FOR SPC Memberships Only)
Note: You do not need to take the exam again in order to renew your membership.
ROI on SAFe® Agilist CertificationA SAFe® certification is a ticket to high-paying jobs in Fortune 500 companies both at home and abroad. Organizations are looking to become Lean Agile and SAFe® certified professionals to help make the dream a reality. SAFe® certifications help you beat noncertified peers who have a stellar profile. The SAFe® Agilist certification is mandatory to learn Lean-Agile principles and effect transformation in larger organizations.
The average increase in salary for SAFe® certified professionals is $13,000. 78% of the professionals have reported increased demand for their skills since becoming SAFe® certified.
Who can pursue the SAFe® Agilist Certification?The Leading SAFe® Agilist Certification course is for everyone involved in product and solution development at scale using Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). The certification training will be valuable to-
- Chief Executive Officer
- Portfolio Manager, Consultant
- Business Analyst, Agile Coach
- Solution or Systems Architect
- CIO, Engineer, Project Manager
- Team Lead, Release Train Engineer
- Program Manager Change Agent
- Vice President, Scrum Master
Recommended Reading: Comprehensive Guide to Becoming A SAFe® Agilist
Prerequisites to pursue SAFe® Agilist CertificationThere’s a good thing about the Leading SAFe® Agilist Certification. It does not have any prerequisites. However, to write the Leading SAFe® Agilist Exam you must meet the following requirements-
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Learning Objectives for SAFe® Agilist Certification
- Apply SAFe® in an enterprise context to enable continuous exploring, integrating, deploying, and releasing values.
- Enhance Lean-Agile leadership skills and help cascade Lean-Agile Mindset and principles across the organization.
- Enable Lean-Agile transformation at the enterprise level to achieve business agility.
- Coordinate the development of large solutions by improving communication and collaboration across all projects.
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio and apply Agile across the organization, not just to the IT delivery teams.
Recommended reading: How to pass the SAFe® Agilist exam and get certified?