Becoming a SPC is a dream many have but only a few can realize. Here’s a simple guide to help you pass the SPC Certification.
Before we proceed, here’s a word of advice. Go for the SPC exam only if you truly wish to become a SAFe® Program Consultant. If you aspire to become an Agile Coach and then need to lead the SAFe® implementation in your organization, becoming a SAFe® Program Consultant is the right choice.
We’ve broken down the process into 3 steps to help you with the SPC exam-
1. Gather the Study Content: The first step is to go to the Scaled Agile Community website and download the workbook from the Learn > My Learning section. Study the entire workbook. This will help you become confident.
2. Take a practice test: Once you complete the steps mentioned you will be eligible to take the practice test. It’s now time to assess your preparation. This will help you know where you stand.
Take the exam and a score of 80 or 90 should be good enough. Anything below requires serious preparation. Aim to learn the concepts and not rote learning.
You can go to specific topics and read in scaledagileframework.com that you think you are not good at in the practice test.
3. Learn using different methods: Reading over and over again won’t help. Instead, you can try the following methods-
- Explain the Big Picture to someone If you’re able to explain the elements in the SAFe® Big Picture then you're on the right track.
- Work on a case study Apply your knowledge using a real or fictitious company. Create a hypothetical problem and apply your SAFe® knowledge to the situation. An SPC is a change agent who drives transformation by using SAFe®.
- Critically analyze and Analyze the case study from the SAFe® perspective. Assess the performance as you would in your job as a SPC for an organization. It would be better if you could get someone knowledgeable to review it.
Write the exam:Writing the SPC exam can be nerve-racking but there’s always a first. Make sure you have a stable internet connection so you can finish the exam before the deadline.
Write the exam by keeping the time in mind. Review all the answers before submitting. Only change the answer if you are sure and not on impulse.
Here are the exam details to help you prepare-
|Number of questions||60|
|Passing score||45/60 (75%)|
|Competency level||Advanced; Expert, fully competent; can perform tasks with little assistance|
|Question format||Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)|
|Delivery||Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed|
|Access||Community Platform upon completion of the course|
|Cost||First attempt is included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake or attempt past the 30-day window is $250|
|Exam Sections and Percentages||References|
|Thriving in the digital age with business agility (7%)|
|Becoming a Lean-Agile leader (15%)|
|Establishing team and technical agility (3%)||
|Building solutions with Agile product delivery (13%)|
|Exploring Lean Portfolio Management (2%)||
|Leading the change (3%)||
|Reaching the SAFe® tipping point (8%)|
|Designing the implementation (12%)|
|Launching the ART (10%)|
|Coaching ART execution (13%)||
|Extending to the portfolio (5%)||
|Accelerating to business agility (8%)|
Pass the exam:The most important thing that will help you arrive at the correct answer is the rule of elimination. Eliminate all the options that aren’t correct.
This will help you decide the right answer. Make sure you have had a good night’s sleep. Revise the night before the exam. Knowing you are well-prepared helps maintain confidence.
Choose a time and place where you are unlikely to be disturbed for 120 minutes.
Recommended for you: How Do You Implement Safe® Agile in Your Organization?
Join the CommunityLearning is always fun in a group. Join our community groups Agile 30 and SAFeThursday and interact with fellow Agile and Scrum practitioners.
Agile 30 is an Agilemania community outreach program inspired by the Super 30 concept.
Agile 30, is a mentorship program started by Naveen Kumar Singh to mentor 30 talented and deserving candidates to pursue and excel at their aspiration to be good Agile coach, Scrum Master, Product Owner, or technical coach.
The community is 16, 000 members strong and counting. The SAFeThursday Platform is open to everyone interested in staying up-to-date on SAFe® knowledge, principles, and practices and for sharing knowledge.
Both the communities conduct webinars and meetups which have Agile coaches and SAFe® consultants deliver talks. This will help you prepare better for your certification exams.
Experts will run through their experience and personal case studies, helping you gain actionable insights. Access to mentors means that personal and career growth is guaranteed.
Why Choose Agilemania as your training partnerAgilemania is a team of like-minded Agilists, that has over the last few years grown to be synonymous with exceptional services and the most trusted vendor for Agile Consulting, Training, and Advisory services in South and South-East Asia.
Agilemania was never built to be the typical consulting or services company but as a home for highly-skilled practitioners with diverse experience and a deliberate focus on helping organizations achieve hyper-performance.
The fact that multiple Agile bodies accredit the team at Agilemania is a testament to our continuous investment of time and effort in honing their skills to connect and serve their clients in the best possible ways.
- Why should I go for Implementing SAFe® 6.0 with SPC Certification Training?
Holding the Implementing SAFe® 6.0 with SPC Certification Training shows your proficiency in implementing lean thinking, SAFe® Framework, and Product development flow principles in a large enterprise context. SAFe® Certification also increases your chances of career enrichment and an attractive salary.
- How much does Implementing SAFe® 6.0 with SPC Certification Training cost?
The first exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Do I need to renew my Leading SAFe® 6.0 certifications?
Yes, This certification needs to be renewed every year.
- What is the process for Implementing SAFe® 6.0 with SPC Certification renewal?
Implementing SAFe® 6.0 with SPC Certification Training is valid for one year and includes membership in the SAFe® Community Platform. After the first year, individuals may renew their certification at the process specified in the link below.
- What is the pattern, format, and duration of the SPC exam?
The Implementing SAFe® 6.0 with SPC Certification exam is an online test comprising Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- How to download SPC Certification after completing the examination?
Download and print your Certification Certificate from the Manage Profile -> Professional Development -> Certifications/Programs tab (click on the paper icon to the left of the Certification Name). Please note that when printing the certificate there can be missing logos and signatures from the certificate. If you come across this issue, please make sure that “Background Colors and Images” is selected in your printing options.
- From which organization do I receive SPC Certification?
Scaled Agile, Inc. is the certifying body of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
- Can I cancel my enrollment? Will I get a refund?
Yes, you can cancel your enrollment if necessary. We will refund the course price after deducting an administration fee. To learn more, you can view our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
- Have more doubts that are not listed in the FAQs?
Just write to us at email@example.com, and we will answer any queries you have.