Eleven years ago, the world wouldn’t have believed Dean Leffingwell if he had told that Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) would be revolutionary in the next decade. The 15th State of Agile Survey reported SAFe® to be the most popular framework at 37%. With this, many organizations have found remarkable success with SAFe® as it helps in scaling agile in large complex organizations.
Today’s blog post talks about the benefits of SAFe® certification in 2023. But, before we go there, let us take a look at the definition of SAFe® and its relevance.
What is SAFe®?Scaled Agile Framework or SAFe® is a knowledge base of proven, integrated principles, practices, and competencies for achieving business agility in large enterprises using Lean, Agile, and DevOps. SAFe® facilitates alignment, collaboration, and delivery among large agile teams.
Why Pursue a Career in SAFe®?Recent developments concerning SAFe® have made a career in SAFe® financially rewarding. Here are a few statistics from ScaledAgile that paint a bright picture-
- $13,000 is the average salary increase for IT professionals who obtained a new certification
- 71% of the organizations are just newly adopted agile, which makes it a big opportunity for SAFe® certified professionals
- 78% of SAFe® certified professionals have stated greater demand for their skills since becoming certified
Benefits of pursuing SAFe® certificationIf you’re someone who is unsure or doesn’t believe that there’s a need to pursue a SAFe® certification, here are 10 benefits of pursuing it.
1. Tackling adoption problems:- It takes almost no effort to ensure agile adoption with 2 or 3 teams in small organizations. It becomes daunting to demonstrate the same success in a mega organization. This happens as one size fits all approach is not possible for organizations big and small.
Pursuing SAFe® agile certification gives you the right set of skills and tools to scale agile successfully throughout the organization to enhance time to market, boost employee engagement, and upgrade quality. Adding on, you’ll also learn to ensure proper alignment between various functional teams, and fulfill IT collaboration by working with different departments without forgetting to deliver value to organizations.
2. International recognition:- SAFe® certification, such as Leading SAFe®, is recognized worldwide as it is offered by Scaled Agile Framework, which is a global agile certifying body. You will have valid credentials to work anywhere in the world.
3. Learn about the new roles in the agile organization:- Scaling Agile in large organizations is no child’s play. It mandates the creation of new roles and modifies the existing ones. If you don't know about doing either of them, you will have a hard time.
A SAFe® Agilist certification will help you overcome the challenges by teaching you the management skills necessary to help team members, new and old, learn agile practices and develop the agile mindset. All designations, be it Product Owners, managers, and executives, will understand their roles better by training and making developments at the program and portfolio level.
4. 25% more hike in salary :- SAFe® Agilist certification will ensure that you will get a pay hike in your current or new job. SAFe® agilist teaches you niche skills that SAFe® certified professionals get 25% more hike than their non-certified professionals.
5. Minimum impediments, failures, and delays during SAFe® implementation:- The common problem rampant in large organizations is that they don't adapt well when two or more agile teams come together. SAFe® Agilist certification training teaches you skills to help you implement a consistent, agile approach throughout the organization.
Impractical agile practices will longer be the norm as SAFe® Agilist training will help you train your team to adopt a regular approach to enhance product quality and architecture. Leading SAFe® certification teaches you to use Agile Release Train to plan, train, and deliver value by bringing numerous teams together.
6. Cope with fluctuating organizational ways:- These days, companies demand change from their clients. Organizations want to adopt a framework that is client-friendly. With SAFe® Agilist certification, you can easily implement Lean Startup and Lean UX to test the notions, innovations, and creativity swiftly and successfully.
7. Continuous Delivery: With the Leading SAFe® Certification, you will learn to implement and integrate DevOps to deliver continuous delivery to the client within the large setup. The Leading SAFe® Certification training teaches individuals to work with the DevOps team to manage the piling amount of work by achieving continuous delivery so that regular releases become possible.
8. SAFe® helps in solving project roadblocks :- Leading SAFe® is a methodology for scaling Scrum-based development. Simply put, it's an advanced implementation that enables companies to build complex products and make net new things possible by involving multiple scrum teams in a single project.
You might be interested in reading: SAFe® Agile Certification Cost in 2023
If you're interested in implementing SAFe®, you will benefit from its complexity with clarity, comprehensive approach, and novelties. Such intelligence can be gained through SAFe® certifications and training courses!
9. Better decision-making at the organizational level:- One of the most important features for a company to have is decision-making capability. It's incredibly important for one to know that if there are issues requiring fast responses, important problems that need solving, or interrelated variables needing consideration, someone is in a position to come up with a way of addressing them immediately.
The Lean Portfolio Management and Lean Finance training offered through SAFe® Agilist certification helps companies react faster while understanding the impact they are making on their organization economically and in terms of its overall health.
10. Master the Lean-Agile approach:- Lean-Agile works on the Agile Manifesto, which is a set of standards, theories, and techniques that leaders of SAFe® embrace and encourage. The Lean-Agile approach puts this all into action by accommodating principles like agility and Lean methods, such as Lean Product Development. The basics of SAFe® are centered on 3 main bodies of knowledge: Agile Development, Lean Product Development, and System Thinking.
With Leading SAFe® Certification Training, you can develop into an expert in implementing the Lean-Agile Approach.
Recommended reading: 12 Incredible Reasons You Should Get a SAFe® Agile Certification
SAFe® Salary Trends 2023Here is the salary paid for SAFe® Agilist according to 5 countries
|Country||Currency||Salary per annum|
|United States of America||USD||80,000 – 135,000|
|Canada||CAD||66,000 – 145,000|
|India||INR||12,00,000 – 20,00,000|
|United Kingdom||GBP||33,000 – 75,000|
|United Kingdom||GBP||33,000 – 75,000|
|Australia||AUD||100,000 – 157,000|
SAFe® Salary based on rolesThe SAFe® Agilist or Leading SAFe® certification can open a lot of new doors of opportunities for further roles. Here is a list of salaries for the related roles-
|Job Role||Salary per annum (in USD)|
|Scrum Master||90,000 – 100,000|
|Agile Coach||110,000 – 135,000|
|Certified Scrum Master (CSM)||90,000 – 105,000|
|Product Owner||80,000 – 95,000|
|Project Manager||85,000 – 110,000|
|Software Engineer||77,000 – 101,000|