What comes to your mind when you hear the term Product Owner?
If terms like Product development, client interface, and product backlog management strike your mind, then you are on the right track as to what the Product Owner does.
Today’s topic of discussion is the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Certification and its benefits. But, before we talk about it, let’s do a quick overview of Scrum and what CSPO is. Off we go!
What is Scrum?Scrum is a lightweight framework for building, delivering, and sustaining products in a complex environment.
It is a quick, adaptive, and responsive framework that is designed to build products faster and offer value to customers.
The Scrum framework splits development work into sprints that last 1 to 4 weeks. Every sprint concludes with a functional product of the final deliverable.
How is CSPO different from other certifications?The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is a certification offered by Scrum Alliance which is the trusted Agile certifying body that is not for profit. They have been operational since 2001 and they have 1, 082, 451 certificates and counting. Scrum Alliance is driven by values such as courage, focus, openness, respect, and commitment which are the core values of Scrum.
Benefits of CSPOThe benefits of Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification are a testament to its effectiveness for its certificate. Here are 10 benefits of CSPO that every aspiring Product Owner should know-
1. Develop a concrete understanding of the Scrum framework: The CSPO certification provides a comprehensive understanding of the Scrum framework, values, practices, and principles.
It provides hands-on scrum training which helps you understand the core Scrum knowledge and also how to apply it. The primary responsibility of a CSPO is product value optimization as they decide the features to be built through the creation of user stories.
2. Elaborate on the Product Backlog: The major responsibility of a Product Backlog is to prepare the list of tasks in the Product Backlog. Just like the Scrum Master, the product owner interacts with the Scrum developers often.
Hence, the product backlog must be well understood for the developers to start working. The CSPO certification training will enable attendees to learn product backlog management to define product backlog items correctly. This ensures that there is no confusion.
3. The interface between clients and developers: The CSPO certification enables Product Owners to act as a bridge between clients and developers. They will be able to communicate the needs of the customers to the developers to prioritize the tasks in the product backlog.
They seek feedback from the customers regularly to ensure that the developers develop a product that meets the expectations of the customers. This provides room for innovation and develops products that offer business value.
4. For absolute beginners: The CSPO certification is for absolute beginners. You don’t need to have prior knowledge to attend the CSPO certification training.
You will have to learn the basics of Scrum and its core knowledge while the course covers the Agile Manifesto and its influence on the Scrum framework.
With this, you will understand the Product Owner’s roles and responsibilities.
5. Paves the way for advanced certifications: The CSPO serves as the base for learning to become a Product Owner. It is the entry-level certification that serves as the foundation for further advanced certifications.
It will teach about the Scrum framework, managing and prioritizing the backlog, and the key responsibilities of a Product Owner.
6. Earn high irrespective of educational background: Every CSPO-certified individual will earn at par with peers irrespective of their educational background.
The CSPO certification means a new start to a career as a Product Owner. Your educational qualification will have no bearing on your salary scale.
7. Tons of career opportunities: The CSPO certification opens new doors of opportunities. As a CSPO, you can work in the following roles-
- Product Owner
- Senior Product Manager
- Agile Coach
- Senior Product Manager
- Product Manager
In some cases, the client might be well-versed in Agile. In such cases, a CSPO will be able to better interact with the clients.
9. Correct use of velocity ranges: Accurate planning accompanies a fixed timeline and date which is possible by rightly using the velocity ranges. The CSPO certification training consists of actionable training on how to use the velocity ranges.
The appropriate way to use burndown charts to enhance the team’s performance is one of the lessons in the CSPO certification training.
10. Healthy Team understanding: The Product Owner's primary responsibility is to follow the client's requirements and their priority for updating their product. The CSPO course teaches how to work with the Developer so that they understand all of the necessary features, ideas, and any special requests from the client.
Issues can arrive from multiple clients or different departments or even between employees and also, you must have a technical understanding when it comes down to development because this will help you very shortly when you are in charge of maintaining your product.
Career Outcomes after CSPOAccording to an Indeed survey, the following findings came to light-
- 39% of the CSPO certificate holders reported that CSPO helped them earn more
- 36% said that a CSPO certification helped them bag a job
- 33% become Product Owners after earning a CSPO certification
Who Should Attend?If you’re comfortable with the “business side” of projects, you are probably the right person to become a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®).
While the Scrum Master helps the Scrum Team work together to learn and implement Scrum, as a CSPO, you create the product vision, order the Product Backlog, and make sure the best possible job is done to delight the customer.
In short, if you’re one of the following, you’re welcome to pursue the certification training-
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Team Members
- Data Analysts
Why AgilemaniaAgilemania, a small team of like-minded Agilists, has over the last few years grown to be synonymous with exceptional services and the most trusted vendor for Agile Consulting, Training, and Advisory services in South and South-East Asia.
Agilemania was never built to be the typical consulting or services company but as a home for highly-skilled practitioners with diverse experience and a deliberate focus on helping organizations achieve hyper-performance.
The fact that multiple Agile bodies accredit the team at Agilemania is a testament to their continuous investment of time and effort in honing their skills to connect and serve their clients in the best possible ways.
FAQs1. What are the roles and responsibilities of a Certified Scrum Product Owner?
Scrum Product Owner is a Role in Scrum and carries the accountability for maximizing the value of the Product / Success of the Product / ROI of the Product.
Clearly expressing Product Backlog items. Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
2. Who issues the certificate?
Successful completion of this course results in the CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner) Certification from the Scrum Alliance.
3. What Are the Eligibility Criteria for the CSPO® Certification Exam?
The eligibility to attend the CSPO® exam is attending the 2-day CSPO® course provided by our Certified Scrum Trainer (CST®).
4. How Much Does the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Certification Exam Cost?
The Scrum Alliance CSPO certification exam fee is included in the Certified Scrum Master CSPO training cost.
5. Can I Retake the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Certification Test If I Fail?
There is no exam for CSPO and certificates get issued based on attendance and approval from the trainer.
6. What Are the Career Benefits You Gain Along With the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Certification?
As a CSPO, you'll:
- Expand your career opportunities across all industry sectors by adopting Agile practices
- Maximize the value of your team’s work and the resulting products
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Product Owner role
- Engage with a global community of agile practitioners committed to continuous improvement
- Begin your agile journey to your Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner (CSP-PO)
Agilemania is a leading registered education provider (REP) of Scrum Alliance offering knowledge and expertise to corporate organizations and professionals across the globe.
We frequently conduct CSPO training in all the other cities as well across the globe and here are a few listed for your reference: Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Philippines, and India.
8. What Payment Options Are Available?
The process of enrolling for Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) classroom training is simple. The payment can be made through different options by using a debit/credit card which includes MasterCard, Visa Card, American Express, or PayPal. The acknowledgment will be issued automatically via email to the candidates once payment is done.
9. Can I Change the City, Place, and Date After Enrolling in Any Classroom Training?
Yes, you can change the city, place, and date for any classroom training 10 days before the scheduled workshop.
For more information, please go through our Rescheduling Policy.
10. I want to know more about the training program. Whom do I contact?
Just write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or join our Live Chat for instant support, call us, or Request a Call Back to have your query resolved.