DevOps is a collection of processes that integrates software development (Dev) with information technology (IT) operations (Ops).
It seeks to reduce the systems development life cycle and enable the continuous delivery of high-quality software.
Adopting a DevOps culture, methods, and tools allow teams to better respond to customer requests, boost confidence in the applications they produce and achieve business goals more quickly.
Below we will discuss the 30 best DevOps tools & technologies with their main features:
1. Keysight Technologies
Keysight Eggplant provides continuous intelligent AI-assisted test automation that connects with your CI/CD pipeline, automates the full testing life cycle, and produces high-quality software releases quickly.
- Integration with software development tools is seamless.
- Test any technology at any level, from the user interface to APIs and databases.
Embold is a software analytics platform that analyses source code to identify flaws that affect stability, robustness, security, and maintainability.
- For over ten languages, get faster checks than typical code editors.
- Anti-pattern detection avoids the accumulation of unmaintainable code.
- In the long run, fixing errors before release saves a lot of time and energy.
Jenkins is a DevOps tool that monitors the performance of repetitive operations. It is one of the greatest software deployment solutions for making it easier to incorporate project modifications by promptly identifying difficulties.
- It promotes continuous integration and delivery.
- It is simple to set up and configure using the web interface.
4. Basic Technologies
Basis Technologies provides the only SAP-specific DevOps and test automation platform. It provides a one-of-a-kind BackOut function that allows deployments to be rolled back.
- Regulatory compliance is enabled via a complete audit trail.
- Collaboration between distant teams is facilitated through a centralized web dashboard.
5. Solarwinds DevOps
With an agentless design, it assists you in reducing server load. It allows you to monitor the performance of your network, servers, and VMware and ease your organization’s everyday responsibilities.
- It allows you to easily apply security fixes.
- Assists in securing data access and visibility by utilising role-based privileges.
You might be interested in reading: The Ultimate Guide to DevOps, SAFe Agile, and the CALMR Approach
PagerDuty is a DevOps solution that assists organisations in improving their brand’s reputation. It is an incident management tool that complements the continuous delivery methodology.
- Give out real-time alerts
- It provides a Real-Time Collaboration System as well as User Reporting.
- It is compatible with Platform Extensibility.
Ganglia DevOps technology provides cluster and grid monitoring capabilities to teams. This utility is intended for use with high-performance computing systems such as clusters and grids.
- It is open-source and free
- It is capable of handling clusters of up to 2,000 nodes
- Scalable monitoring system with a hierarchical structure
It is one of the most effective DevOps solutions for creating and managing virtual machine environments in a single process. It focuses on automation and provides an easy-to-use workflow.
- It enables DevOps team members to work in an optimal development environment.
- Vagrant works flawlessly on Mac, Linux, and Windows.
Datadog provides a complete monitoring solution so that you have full visibility as you transform or adopt your DevOps culture.
- Monitor your entire stack with 450+ vendor-backed integrations.
- Monitor and visualize unified DevOps data in real-time, with metrics, traces, and logs.
- Proactively alert stakeholders across Dev and Ops teams with Watchdog.
Prometheus is a completely free and open-source service monitoring solution. It keeps track of time series, streams of time-stamped values from the same metric, and the same set of labelled dimensions.
- It includes basic custom libraries.
- The alert manager is in charge of notifications and silencing.
UpGuard assists DevOps teams worldwide in gaining visibility into their technology. It works well with common automation platforms like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- It enables consumers to entrust sensitive data to a third party.
- The methods for managing assets are just as crucial as the configurations themselves.
The rudder is a continuous configuration and auditing DevOps system. It is a simple web-based solution for IT automation.
- Configuration and management of nodes via a web interface
- Compliance reporting can be done by configuration or by nodes.
- Common system management tasks should be automated.
13. Production Map
Production Map is a DevOps engineers’ integrated visual platform. It contributes to the rapid and easy growth of automation. This orchestration platform is supported by IT specialists.
- The Admin can control map execution.
- Users can plan the automated procedure.
Become Professional Scrum Developer- Join Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development (APS-SD) with PSD I certification.
Icinga is a DevOps tool that has two branches running concurrently – Icinga and Icinga2. It enables DevOps engineers to choose the best fit for their projects.
- Create a continuous monitoring environment by applying rules to hosts and services.
- Trigger an alert via email, SMS, or phone call.
Ansible is a well-known DevOps tool. It is a simple and effective method for automating the application lifecycle. It is one of the finest DevOps automation solutions, making it easier for DevOps teams to scale automation and increase productivity.
- It is an excellent solution for managing complex deployments and accelerating the development process.
- IT automation minimizes monotonous processes, allowing teams to focus on more strategic duties.
Capistrano is a remote server automation solution that DevOps teams can use. This program allows for scripting and the execution of arbitrary tasks.
- Filters for hosts and roles for partial deployments or cluster maintenance
- Aids in the automation of routine work in software development teams.
Graylog is a highly competent log management and DevOps tool. It has numerous applications for monitoring SSH logins and suspicious activity. Its quickest and easiest version is open source and free.
- It logs and maintains actions conducted by a user or administrator that cause modifications to be made to the system.
- Automatically archive data so that the user does not have to do it regularly..
18. Code Climate
Code Climate is a DevOps tool that monitors code health from the command line to the cloud. It allows users to resolve concerns easily and enable the team to generate better code.
- Allow for instant progress tracking.
- Easily enhances code quality.
- It is simple to incorporate into any workflow.
Juju is an open-source DevOps application modeling tool. It deploys, configures, scales, and manages software on both public and private clouds.
- Automate cloud infrastructure and application architecture deployment
- Deploy services to a specific cloud in seconds.
- Resolves issues fast and provides comprehensive logs.
The supervisor is an effective DevOps tool. It enables groups to monitor and control processes running on UNIX operating systems. It gives users a specific place to launch, stop, and monitor all processes.
- It has been tested and is supported on Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris, and other operating systems.
- It does not require a compiler because it is written in Python.
Artifactory is a repository manager that is enterprise-ready. It offers a complete, automated solution for tracking artifacts from development to production.
- It is compatible with software packages written in any technology or language.
- Secure, clustered, high-availability is supported.
22. Puppet Enterprise
Puppet Enterprise is a tool for DevOps. It is a popular DevOps technology that enables the management of the whole infrastructure as code without increasing the size of the team.
- Context-aware reporting in real-time
- Modeling and management of the entire environment
23. New Relic APM
New Relic APM is an effective DevOps tool. It gains complete visibility into the consumer experience and dynamic infrastructure. It enables the DevOps team to spend less time monitoring apps.
- It supports full-stack alerting.
- Make your queries based on metric data and names.
Scalyr is a DevOps tool that enables fast server monitoring and log handling. Its log aggregator module captures all logs from applications, websites, processes, and systems.
- Ability to transform complex log data into simple, clear, and highly interactive reports.
- Log management and server monitoring are centralized.
CFEngine is an IT automation DevOps tool. It is an exemplary configuration management tool. It is one of the top DevOps automation solutions for assisting teams in automating complicated large-scale infrastructure.
- An open-source setup solution with unrivaled security credentials
- With an execution duration of less than one second, it provides a quick answer.
Snort is an extremely effective open-source DevOps tool for detecting intrusions. It is one of the best DevOps tools for detecting harmful attacks on the system.
- It provides real-time traffic analysis as well as packet logging.
- It enables signature-based attack detection via examining packets.
Nagios is another useful DevOps tool. It assists DevOps teams in identifying and correcting network and infrastructure issues.
- This tool makes it easier to search log data.
- Its log management tool is unrivaled in the market.
28. Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic assists businesses in analyzing and making sense of log data. For advanced security analytics, it integrates security analytics with integrated threat intelligence.
- Continuous real-time integration on a single platform
- It has the ability of an elastic cloud to scale infinitely.
A consul is a tool for DevOps. It is frequently used in any network for discovering and configuring services. It is an ideal tool for modern, elastic infrastructures and the DevOps community.
- It has a strong API.
- For dynamic configuration, utilize a hierarchical key or value store.
- Assist numerous data centers
30. Stackify Retrace
Stackify is a simple DevOps tool. It displays real-time logs, error queries, and other information straight into the workstation. It is an excellent choice for intelligent orchestration in the software-defined data center.
- It provides a detailed history of all types of web requests
- It secures access and configures image caches.
DevOps implementation varies for each company, depending on their goals, processes, and even corporate cultures.
All of the DevOps advantages result in lower overall expenses and IT personnel requirements.
Performance goals in the community replace individual objectives. DevOps enhances software development culture, and teams that work together are happier and more productive.
Naveen is a Lean-Agile Coach, Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) and Internationally acclaimed Speaker in many Conferences and Agile events. He has over 22 years of experience in multiple domains and he is a Certified LeSS Practitioner (Large-Scale Scrum) and one of the early adopters of DevOps practices and teaches DevOps culture around the Globe.