Today, the goal of a Lean Enterprise is to become a flourishing digital age business by providing their customers with competitive solutions early and continuous delivery of value. Scaled Agile Framework is a knowledge base of integrated principles, competencies and practices for Agile, DevOps and Lean that helps organizations achieve the same.
The Scaled Agile Framework, along with the contemporary knowledge in Lean product development and system thinking; applies the power of Agile to help businesses address some of the crucial challenges in the process of developing and delivering enterprise-class technology-based solutions with superior quality and rapid time-to-market. This is a knowledge base available online for free to achieve business agility, with proven results.
Business benefits of SAFe
In today’s volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world, It is quintessential for the enterprises to learn and adapt swiftly to the ever-changing economic conditions and technology to sustain. Business Agility these days isn’t just an option, it is indispensable for organizations to survive irrespective of their strength, size or any other factors.
As you can see from the SAFe Home Page, SAFe 5.0 empowers business agility and enhances business outcomes for organisations of all capacities, worldwide. It has turned out drastic improvements in time-to-market, higher customer satisfaction, employee engagement, improved economic outcomes, and superior quality. SAFe also helps to create cultures that are rewarding, fun and productive at the same time.
To be benefitted from SAFe, an organisation must have transformed itself into a Lean enterprise. However, this transformation necessitates brand new ways of thinking and working, a culture that focuses on continuous improvement and value delivery, and developing énterprise competencies that enable a new and advanced style of leadership.
Seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise
SAFe 5.0 is moulded encompassing the seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. These include significant re-writes to the original five competencies that were introduced in SAFe 4.6 along with two brand new competencies (Continuous Learning Culture and Organisational Agility).
- The Lean-Agile Leadership: This narrates how the Lean-Agile leaders sustain and drive organisational change by empowering individuals as well as teams to outreach their maximum potential. The outcome is enhanced productivity and innovation, more engaged employees, and a successful organisational change.
- The Continuous Learning Culture: This details a set of values and practices that not only motivates an individual but also encourages an enterprise as a whole. This leads to a constant increase in competence, knowledge, innovation and performance.
However, this can be accomplished by transforming into a learning organization that commits to relentless improvement, meanwhile promoting a culture of innovation.
- The Team and Technical Agility: This competency describes the Lean-Agile principles & practices, and critical skills that are used by high-performing Agile teams. And teams of Agile teams that are used to create high-quality for their clients and customers.
Better quality, increased productivity, predictable delivery of value, and faster time-to-market are some of the results of this.
- The Agile Product Delivery: This is a customer-centric approach to define, build and release a constant flow of valuable services and products to the users and customers. Eventually, enabling the organisation to come up with solutions that delight the customers, reduces risk, outmanoeuvres the competition and with lower development costs.
- The Enterprise Solution Delivery: This gives us details on how to apply Lean-Agile practices and principles to the development, specification, operation, deployment and evolution of the world’s most sophisticated and largest networks, cyber-physical systems, and software applications.
- Lean Portfolio Management: This aligns execution and strategy by the application of Lean and system thinking approaches to Agile portfolio operations, strategy & investment funding, and governance. These alliances offer the enterprise the ability to meet existing commitments reliably, better enable innovation and to align strategy to execution.
- The Organisational Agility: This gives a better explanation of how Lean thinking people and Agile teams evolve strategies with decisive new commitments, optimise business processes, and swiftly adapt the organisation as and when needed to capitalise on brand new opportunities.
SAFe 5.0 empowers business agility and enhances business outcomes for organisations of all capacities, worldwide. It has turned out drastic improvements in time-to-market, higher customer satisfaction, employee engagement, improved economic outcomes, and superior quality. SAFe also helps to create cultures that are rewarding, fun and productive at the same time. SAFe 5.0 is expanding its guidance for Lean-Agile adoption in the government.
Preeth is a pragmatic coach, Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) & SAFe 5.0 Program Consultant (SPC 5.0) and is passionate about all things agile and leadership. With over 20+ years of experience and commitment, he trains and coach organizations to be agile and more importantly to stay agile. Preeth holds an enviable record of conducting over 10,000 hours of industry-specific training and coaching.