The Agile Software Development Bootcamp Training will provide a high-level overview of the topics covered on each day. Detailed content and exercises will be provided during the actual course sessions.
Day 1: Scrum Essentials
- Understand the Agile and Scrum Framework, including the concept of time-boxing and its significance in project management.
- Comprehend the Empirical Process and its application in the Scrum approach.
- Gain a concise overview of the Scrum Framework and its key components.
- Identify and define the roles within the Scrum team and understand the importance of the Definition of Done.
- Learn to prepare, refine, and prioritize the Product Backlog, and recognize the concepts of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF).
Day 2: Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Scrum Beyond Single Team Scrum
- Master the principles of Agile Estimation and Planning, and apply relative estimation techniques.
- Utilize ALM tools to simulate sprints and gain insights into Agile Metrics and reporting.
- Understand team dynamics and dysfunction within a Scrum team.
- Get introduced to Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) and its relevance in managing complex projects.
Day 3: Agile Requirements and Acceptance Test-Driven Development
- Participate in the Specification by Examples Workshop to improve collaboration between the business and development teams.
- Learn how to write better specifications and understand the importance of using examples for effective specification.
- Practice Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and grasp its impact on Sprint Planning and Sprint Review.
- Familiarize yourself with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and practice BDD using tools like Cucumber, Behave, or SpecFlow.
- Recognize the roles of the Product Owner and the development team in writing acceptance scenarios.
Day 4: Test-Driven Development and Agile Design
- Embrace the Test Driven Development (TDD) approach and its benefits in improving code quality and design.
- Gain proficiency in different types of tests, such as unit, integration, and functional tests. Understand Unit Testing Frameworks and learn how to automate test execution, generate reports, and integrate with build tools and IDEs.
- Comprehend the principles of design frameworks, including Emergent Design and scalability implementation.
- Develop skills in refactoring, considering technical debt and risks, and supporting TDD and ATDD during refactoring.
Day 5: Continuous Integration and Agile Testing
- Explore the concept of Continuous Integration, its principles, and the associated environment and infrastructure.
- Understand branching strategies and patterns for Continuous Integration.
- Learn to set up and use Jenkins for automated builds and testing.
- Gain insights into Agile Testing, its importance in ensuring a high-quality product sprint by sprint, and the use of Test Automation Frameworks.
- Discover topics like Continuous Delivery and Deployment, DevOps Introduction, and ALM tools for Development Teams (e.g., Jira).
After completion of the workshop, each participant will receive TWO certificates from Scrum Alliance granted as:
If you want to gain a deeper understanding of Agile Values & Principles and much beyond then this Software Development Bootcamp Training is for you.
- Architects and Leads