This program introduces Agile Values & Principles, Scrum Framework, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development, Refactoring, Emergent Design, Agile Architecture, Collaboration, and refactoring techniques to the audience and follows a life cycle approach where participants get to learn how to practice these in real-life projects. Participants learn to implement TDD on a project developing in either java, .net, ruby, python or C++ framework. The workshop also covers how to effectively work on legacy code and break dependencies. The expected business outcome is readable, maintainable code going forward as well as reduction defects.
- Product development using Scrum framework
- Complementary practices to improve effectiveness of Scrum
- Deep understanding of the rules of Scrum
- Agile requirement management using Specification by Examples
- Write executable requirement with the help of BDD and ATDD
- Write testable code using Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Refactoring code and Refactor to patterns
- DevOps practices to improve delivery and deployment
- Emergent design to keep the framework and design simple
- Team collaboration using pair programming and mob programming
- Remote Team practices while working in distributed team setup
Why Choose Us?
- Free Webinar Every Week on Your Choice of Topics
- Continuous Learning Support by Agile 30 Community
- Unlock Free Access to online courses of worth $450
- Complete hands-on session on Agile engineering practices
- Learn with Scrum simulation games, coding practice and multiple TDD examples
To earn a CSD, we require at least five days of formal training taught by a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider (REP®) and a Scrum Alliance-approved CSD instructor.
There are currently two tracks to achieve CSD certification (detailed below). The courses for both tracks can be taken in any order. Once you complete a track, you will receive notification to accept your CSD license, and the CSD certification will be added to your profile. Your certification is valid for two years.
- CSM® course (2 days)
- CSD technical course, including coding (3 days)
- Intro to Scrum CSD course (1 day)
- CSD technical course, including coding (3 days)
- CSD technical elective course (1 day)
During your CSD courses, you must demonstrate an understanding of Scrum and Agile engineering practices by passing a CSD assessment provided by the REP instructor. The assessment may be an exam administered by the instructor to test your knowledge, or it may be an active, classroom-based assessment. When a REP instructor uploads a student’s information into our system, they are recommending the student for certification.
Maintain your CSD certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years.
Who Should Attend?
This Training is for developers and teams interested in agile engineering practices and for everybody who wants to master the technical challenges of the Scrum framework. The training connects a hands-on experience with the Scrum philosophy.
- Introduction to Scrum Framework, Elements of Scrum
- Test-Driven Development – why, what and how
- TDD Cycle – Red, Green and Refactor
- Drive the development (design and implementation) of a User Story
- Learn the concept of Emergent Design and why emergent design
- How TDD helps you design software
- Why testing first is better than testing after
- Overview of Refactoring, Clean Code principle and Refactoring to Patterns
- Software design – going deeper in SOLID design Principles
- How to use mocking frameworks
- Behavior Driven Development using SpecFlow/Cucumber
- Specification by Examples using Gherkin language
- Writing Scenarios and Scenario Outlines
- Preparing Steps using xUnit framework
- Difference between TDD and BDD
- How to setup BDD practices within the Scrum team
Note: Hands-on activities (60-70%) and discussion on mentioned topics (30-40%). Hands-on activities include writing unit tests, code, writing examples and some group creativity activities.
- In order to earn a CSD®, we require at least five days of formal training taught by a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider (REP) and a Scrum Alliance Authorized Instructor.
- CSM holders can skip the first 2 days and undertake the 3-day Technical Training alone.
- Laptops/Desktops with required software and internet connection. The software will be provided by the facilitator.
Ready to start working as a Certified Scrum Developer? Agilemania offers a 5-days CSD training, aimed at software developers (programmers) who are building software in a Scrum environment. If you are new to this role, don’t know where to start?
Agenda For 5 Days
All participants will be receiving a Certified Scrum Developer certificate. Maintain your CSD certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years
What Participants Have to Say About Our Trainer
Sr. Technical lead at FIS
Jing Hong Yap
Senior Consultant, Kuala Lumpur
Management Consulting Manager, Accenture
Preeth is talented and has a very good knowledge in Scrum and Agile processes. Training was not just of ppts , instead real time examples on how Agile is been used in different organization which he has worked with which i think is a excellent way of providing knowledge and instructions. i recommend Preeth strongly for any of the Agile training and certification requirements.
Assistant Manager at Unilever
Global R2R and OTC Process Owner, Schlumberger, Kuala Lumpur
Manager-Product development at Kalkitech
Thank you very much for the fantastic sessions on Scrum.
We have been thinking of trying out agile in our organization for quite some time, however were not confident enough. The training sessions during this week end has helped me understand scrum and have given me the courage to try out agile in our organization. Thank you very much for the lively sessions, the examples and case studies were dot on. Hats off to you sir...on your delivery style... thanks a ton.
We shall connect soon.
Vibudhendran T K
Naveen and team had provided a very insightful and excellent PSM1 training to the ETIQAN selected employees. Naveen as a coach is able to provides both theory and practical application. He is able to share many real life examples that enable us to connect the theory and application of scrum framework to our projects. He is also a very authentic person – actual sharing of knowledge, love to see real development & what is right versus dollar and cents. Definitely an excellent scrum coach.
Seah Peck Khuan
Strategic Transformation Office Group Insurance & Takaful, ETIQA
CSD Training And Certification FAQ’s
Seasoned agilists all set to help organizations realize suprior way of implementation and execution.